Friday, August 21, 2009

External Influences

Lately, TY and I have observed through Julian’s behavior and speech that he is increasingly “susceptible” to influences from his peers in school and around him. This led me to conclude that it is absolutely essential for me to rework my lifestyle so that I can spend more quality time with Jules, especially during his formative years.

A clip I received this afternoon further strengthened my belief!

Batman Jingle
Batman, Superman
Ali Baba, Chicken Man
Don’t Forget Your Underpants!

Followed by …

Jules: “Hey, there’s an ant! Quick, KILL it!!!

Now, where did that killer instinct come from??! Hmm ...

I later found out Jules picked up the jingle from a good friend in his class, who incidentally also taught him the Transformers’ theme song, “Transformers: Robots in Disguise!” And to think he hasn’t even watched a single episode of the animated series or movie!

I guess in this age we are living in, hands-on parenting is imperative and we cannot afford to delegate this responsibility to our parents, nannies, domestic helpers or even the schools, no matter how good they may be. Raising up the next generation starts right here in our homes - with our own children!

5 comments:

wgmusings said...

I agree with you totally!

Mummy Kless said...

Yep you are right! My Joey comes home doing and saying weird things too, and everything she learnt is from school! *sweat*

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-wenwinner: The price to pay for motherhood! ;P

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-Klessis: Haha, now that it has started, when can we stop "sweating"??! Definitely not in the near future or never ever ...? :)

Anonymous said...

An incredible idea for your own home industry is to make sure that your internet site is appropriately carried out. Many people will ignore over your web site whether it looks outdated mainly because they will possibly think that it is not just a legitimate business or that they do not have recent information or goods. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Cakg44452e[/url]