Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Blog or a Dog?

Sadly, my Blog “died” approximately 1 month ago when I decided to get a Dog. Actually, it was not an intentional purchase even though TY and I have been considering getting a dog, on and off, for the last 3 years.

Last month, TY chanced upon a great deal on the Honda forum. Someone was selling a 10-month old pup – a salt and pepper Miniature Schnauzer. We drove all the way down to Seng Kang, checked out the animal, and sealed the deal on-the-spot for $450! We walked away that day, the proud owner of Terry, later renamed “Pebble” by Jules.

Little did we know, our lives were changed that day on Saturday, 21 March 2009! For aspiring dog owners, it is literally like having a second baby in the house, no exaggeration!

IMG_0974 Pebble and his temporary home on Day 1

Living Room3 of us “camping out” in our Living Room to keep the dog company!

IMG_0981

 Dog in BalconyPebble comfortable in his permanent lodge at our Balcony!

Blow DryingBlow-drying Pebble after a shower 

Jules and Pebble Jules and Pebble getting acquainted!

To be continued on the art of dog-keeping … …

9 comments:

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

Oh my....

Really sounds tough...

I think i will stick to watching movies about dogs and their owners.

I already have 3 babies in the house :)

Unknown said...

Haha! Welcome back to the BLOGGING world! ;)

Unknown said...

I like the last picture... of Julian and Pebble staring at each other... They look like they are in love!

Dawn said...

Welcome back man! I missed reading your posts...:)

..::rei::.. pêbblë said...

guess i'm "not the only pebble on the beach" hehehe...
aww.. he is so so soo adorable can... saw how bro ty gave him a look and he sits obediently, no treats! wa

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-ED: Yup, don't even try it ...... :P

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-San,Denise&Debbie: I am currently trying my BEST to upkeep it! Help!!! :)

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-Jerb: That's my personal favorite too! And you are right, Jules really loves the dog and is so very protective of him! When TY scolds the dog, he gets really upset and cries over it ... Imagine!

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-pêbblë: So sorry, I didn't mean to name the dog Pebble ... My first choice was really Pepper but since Julian is the owner, he has the final say .... :) *grin*