Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Colour Therapy (Part 2)

I have been feeling rather down since Sunday when I found out that my grandfather has been hospitalized. He hasn’t been feeling well of late probably due to his old age (he is 85 this year!); but my guess is that it could be because he is missing my granny, who passed away about 3 months back, a great deal.

Back at work on Tuesday (March 17, 2009), coupled with the fact that I had to take care of Julian who was sick over the weekend and the office workload, I felt a sudden onrush of fatigue and needed to take a quick breather. So during lunchtime, I decided to pop by Nail Addiction at Suntec Tower 3 (opposite Carrefour supermarket) for an unscheduled manicure.

From the moment I stepped into the shop, the soothing music, relaxing hand massage, pleasant chatter with the manicurist and the alluring array of colours started to take effect on me. After 45 minutes of nail pampering, I felt “rejuvenated” and ready to tackle my day’s challenges. Colour therapy works, again.

manicure

With our cosmopolitan lifestyle and heightened stress level, we need to find our own stress antidotes to keep our balance in life. Since we have only one life to live, let’s it to the fullest - being true to ourselves and to the God who made us. And along the way, remember to stop and smell the roses!

6 comments:

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

If i am a kid, I want to be sick too...

Nicole had a fun time baking bread when she feel sick! :) the previous time, it was cookies!

..::rei::.. pêbblë said...

Hope your grandpa's health picks up soon..

Really sounds like a hectic week for you; May His strength sustain you always :)

Unknown said...

I love my regular manicures/pedicures too! Sigh... I think it is a good form of relaxation!

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-ED: Wow, solid! I am inspired to get an oven ... Seriously :)

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-pêbblë: Thanks, appreciate!

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-San: Agree ... I can manicure "forever"! Hahaha ....