Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Colour Therapy (Part 1)

On Monday (March 16, 2009), I decided to keep Julian home as he had been coughing the night before and waking up at half hour intervals, complaining of pain in his throat. I was kept awake till 4 a.m. before he finally dozed off to sleep! That morning, he woke up close to 10 a.m. (which was very unusual as Jules normally wakes up at 7 a.m. ++) and I decided to indulge him since he was unwell.

Me: “What would you like to do today? Since you are unwell, Mommy will stay home with you.”

Jules: “I want to paint!” You know, those new things you bought for me in the (magic) cupboard?”

I didn’t know what I had gotten myself into … Cos some moments later, my spick and span house was slathered in paint though I had painstakingly laid newspaper extensively over the floor! Anyway, Jules enjoyed himself tremendously so it was well worth it!

IMG_0962 The Artist

EquipmentPainting Equipment

IMG_0933PaintingThe Artist in action!

IMG_0956Jules’  favourite Disney Pixar Cars!

IMG_0957Julian: “I can paint a Rainbow!”

My son visibly perked up after the entire painting session . I guess Colour Therapy – a combination of colours, enjoyment and laughter - works! Like an old saying goes, “A merry heart does good, like medicine.”

2 comments:

..::rei::.. pêbblë said...

So adventurous hehe.. water colors indoors with a pre-schoooler aint' for the faint-hearted! But I must say he is very very neat; takes after you eh ;)

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-pêbblë: Yup, he is really not too bad considering he is a boy ... I think he rather takes after me! :)