Saturday, March 14, 2009

Glittery Art

Got up this morning and my son wanted to do art and craft. He went to 
my “private toy store” and pestered me to let him get one of those “glittery art” kit for him. I am the kind of mom who buys toys (& books & clothes & what have you …) whenever there is a sale and stocks them up for future use. One at a time, I would pull the toys out and give them to Julian whenever he hits the toymaker’s recommended age. To him, this cupboard is like the magical wardrobe that leads to Narnia or the Magic Faraway Tree from the Enid Blyton series because there are  always new surprises lurking inside and the stuff never seems to run out!

Julian is now slightly over 3 years old and after some hesitation, I reckon he could handle it. So together, mother & son, we embarked on our first glitter art handicraft experience! Personally, I enjoyed it tremendously and countless times playing with Julian, I feel like I am relieving my childhood all over again! I seriously wonder if any other parents feel the same way too or is it just me?!!!

IMG_0618 IMG_0614IMG_0613    IMG_0620 
IMG_0619

2 comments:

..::rei::.. pêbblë said...

look at him filling in the colors ever so carefully and skilfully... your baby's got talent! haha

Serene (Singapore) said...

Serene-pêbblë: Somehow, I have a nagging suspicion that I enjoy dabbling with the artwork more than him! Ha!